My Mamma' Birthday - 4th May 2013



Mamma, am celebrating your birthday, am celebrating you.....
Am celebrating your kind, large, golden heart.....
I love you mamma
You have taught me "to love"
You are so loving, so giving...you still give and I can feel your presence always always.......
Am celebrating how you expressed your love....how you gave to one & all
whether it is untimely guests/ servants who came to you with their troubles, you soothed everyone with that big smile of yours & something to eat & drink.
Whether sending tea & biscuits to the tired labourers working in the building compound or making ginger tea for your maid who is sneezing profusely in the rains.

I am lucky to have seen you do all these things mamma, I am so proud of you.
Any family visitor/ guests/ non related family friends.....Your heart & home was open to all.
Sending food to the acquaintance in hospital post her delivery or sending home made ladoos to her toddler.....
These kids today miss you like crazy mamma.....
They celebrated their birthdays without a phone call/ gift from you this year.
They gave their 10th exams & said "aachi" would have called us to wish us all the best....
I feel blessed to receive these calls & feel so proud and choke with emotions.....I miss you mom....

I feel blessed to hear stories of your kindness from our domestic staff.
I am in awe of your strength and grit.
Endless supply of energy to care for others :) that' you mom :)

Today am celebrating you on your birthday mamma.

I know how much you loved to give.
I am going to cook a meal for some people in honour of your giving spirit and love for all
I know you are guiding me right from planning the menu to making a shopping list for ingredients to holding my hand  while I cook......
I have inherited so much mamma......I love you loads....
I know you would be happy to share your birthday meal with all.



Comments

ushasoman said…
That is so touching Nitya ...you have definitely inherited her qualities ...8th May is round the corner I know how much you miss her but please try to remember her with a smile on your face..I am very sure thats what she would want to see...take care
Kumaran said…
very true nitya.
ecomurthy said…
Wow ! that is the most touching note i have ever read ! I see so much beauty in the way you choose to celebrate an amazing soul.May you stay strong and keep the love going ,lots of people are in need of unconditional love and happy to see you imbibe it from your mum in abundance !! Bless you child ! Hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

Foot Prints In Sand...

Happy that' what i feel......