Ignorance Is Bliss

I am 65, I have had 2 MI’
my doc told me I wont survive
if I ignored his advice
I continued to booze
I was scheduled for bypass Sx and my doc told me
there is no guarantee what will happen on table…
I chucked the surgery and continued my life,
I courted women & lived merrily
I was 60 then, young enough to court n make merry
I am 65 now, I have swelling
all over my body doctor….
Young interns with their guns
Firing their flashes in a fury…for their record
Your heart is failing, it is not able to pump properly
And on & on with loads of advice….
Nodding obediently
Doctor my leg is swollen & it is oozing this sticky fluid
Man! You straighten up
This is cellulites U could land up in a soup…
Have your medicines!
Do not booze, Don’t trouble your heart
Oh! Doc this swelling scares you?
I have had 2 MI’ & I survived
Am not troubling my heart
It is troubling me….I want to live life to de fullest
Is he serious de doc whispers to the honorary physician
Calm down you Scut monkey
This state will cure him! This state will help U help him
Pay attention to this state n grow wiser
This state I conclude of not knowing enough
yet knowing enough to be at peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mamma' Birthday - 4th May 2013

Foot Prints In Sand...

Happy that' what i feel......